Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Ducathen Limited via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Ducathen Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11928394 whose registered office is at 51 High Street, Astcote, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8NW.
User or You
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ducathen Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ducathen Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The website that you are currently using, www.ducathen.com, and any sub-domain of the site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitations”
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
3. The information contained in this privacy statement pertains only to Ducathen Limited and its users. These terms do not apply to any website that can be accessed vi a our website, including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media sites.
4. According to the applicable Data Protection Laws, Ducathen Limited is considered the "data controller", which means that
Ducathen Limited determines the purposes for which and the manner in which data is processed.
5. We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you.
- Data is collected via your browsers cookies when you visit or view our website.
6. Ducathen Limited will collect data in a number of ways, for example:
Data that is collected automatically
7. To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically; for example:
- Some information regarding your visit to the website is automatically collected. Your IP address, date, time, frequency of your access and how you interact with the website and its content are some examples of information that helps us improve the website's content and navigation.
- Ensure that content from our website is delivered in its most efficient manner for you and for your system.
- Maintain our websites security.
How long will we keep your data?
8. For the protection of our legal interests and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, we may
retain your personal information for different periods, depending on the government policies in force at the time.
Keeping data secure
9. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data for example:
- We store your data on secure servers.
10. The technical and organizational measures cover dealing with any suspected data breach. In the event of any misuse, loss, or unauthorised access to your data, please notify us immediately by contacting us at this email address: email@example.com.
11. Find out how to protect your information and devices from fraud, identity theft, viruses, and many other online problems by going to www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by the UK Government and leading businesses.
13. Even if we delete your data, it is possible that the data may persist on backup or archival media evenafter deletion.
What are your data protection rights?
14. You have the following rights in relation to your data:
–You have the right to request Ducathen Limited for copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
– You have the right to request that Ducathen Limited correct anyinformation you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information that you believe is incomplete.
–You have the right to request that Ducathen Limited erase yourdata, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
–You have the right to request that Ducathen Limitedrestrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
–You have the right to object to Ducathen Limited’s processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
–You have the right to request that Ducathen Limited transfer the data that we have collected to another organization or directly to
you under certain conditions.
15. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
17. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
18. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer. Their purpose is to store a modest amount of information specific to a particular client and website. These can be accessed by either the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a tailored page and carry information between visits.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
22.Ducathen Limited may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business. The expansion and/or reduction of our business may involve the sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of Ducathen Limited. In cases where data provided by users is relevant to any part of our business, data will be transferred along with that party and the new owner or newly controlling party will be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally provided.
23. We may also disclose data to a potential buyer of all or part of our company.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, a party's delay, action, or omission in exercising any right or remedy will not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy.
28. This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. In the event of any dispute under the agreement, the English and Welsh courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you would like to contact Ducathen Limited regarding this policy, please send an email to
This version was last updated on 15 December 2021.